Cosmetic dentistry is a subspecialty of the dental field which focuses on improving the appearance of a person’s teeth, gums, and overall smile. It’s a professional focus that aims to bring the goals and interests of a patient to life using safe and effective methods. Cosmetic dentistry centers on making the smile look natural and attractive and not only enhances the exterior of the tooth but also improves the patient’s self-confidence and encourages them to smile more.
In the past, there were only very limited options for improving the appearance of the smile due to limitations in dental science and a lack of understanding of what we are capable of achieving. Today, however, improved technology and technique have allowed our dentists to offer solutions that not only make your teeth appear whiter and brighter but transform their appearance to produce outcomes beyond expectation. As a result, many patients who feel that their teeth detract from their overall look are now able to feel and look their best!
If you are interested in learning more about cosmetic dentistry or booking an appointment for a particular procedure, please call our Fairfax, VA, office today!
Dental veneers are an incredible solution for transforming your smile appearance! In as little as two appointments, you can walk away with teeth that are shaped, contoured, sized, and colored to your exact preference. Sounds impossible, right? Let us introduce you to the process:
Using thin, custom-made shells of porcelain, we conceal your natural teeth – any chips, cracks, stains, or other imperfections are hidden from sight!
- The first step is to have a thin portion of the enamel removed from the front surface of the teeth; this is to ensure the veneers are comfortable and do not appear bulky.
- After the enamel is removed, we will take an impression of your teeth. This helps us to make the perfect porcelain veneers that fit and compliment your smile.
- You will be sent home with temporary veneers until your permanent set is ready. This may take about one week!
- Finally, you will enter our office again for the placement of your porcelain veneers. Once we remove the temporaries and clean your teeth, we will apply a dental cement to your teeth and position the veneers in place.
- Kept well maintained and cared for, veneers will last up to ten years before requiring replacement.
KoR Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is a fantastic method that is capable of quickly producing smile-enhancing results. While it may be tempting to pick up a product at the store to whiten your smile, these products are generally ineffective – and what’s worse is they can actually damage your tooth enamel!
Our practice trusts KoR Teeth Whitening to deliver the results that patients are seeking by whitening the smile up to 16 shades over the course of treatment! Not only that, but KoR is one of the most comfortable methods available today.
- To begin the whitening process, patients place the KoR gel into a special bleaching tray and slip it over their teeth.
- This gel works by penetrating the tooth’s enamel and breaking down stains and discoloration at a cellular level.
In order to best fit your busy schedule and produce the smile satisfaction you are seeking, we offer Kor Whitening by two separate methods:
- KoR at Home – Simply wear the gel and bleaching tray each night for two weeks. Just let the system do all the work while you sleep! You can use any remaining gel to maintain your sparkling smile in the future.
- KoR Max – Beginning with one visit to our office, you can give your whitening process a kick-start! See results from day one and continue wearing your gel and bleaching tray at home over the next two weeks. Use any remaining gel to repeat the treatment at home as necessary.
So You Can Feel Like Smiling Again
At Oakton Family Dentistry, we believe that the best patient is a happy patient – and a happy patient is one that loves to smile! Don’t let years of staining, teeth grinding, or discoloration take your sparkle away. You deserve the confidence, pride, and pleasing appearance that our cosmetic services can bring you. Our talented team members make a commitment each day they enter our office to make someone smile – and we have a feeling it just might be you!
Get ready to change your life and transform your smile with cosmetic dental care. Give our office a call whenever you’re ready! We are here for you.